30 Technology is a privately owned biopharmaceutical company developing nitric oxide-generating technologies for healthcare applications, that represent the most significant advance in combating anti-microbial resistant infections in over 50 years.
Our lead respiratory candidates are inhaled solutions that deliver potent broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity directly on the surface of the lung tissue. They target the most severe respiratory infections that affect patients with chronic respiratory diseases such as cystic fibrosis (CF), bronchiectasis (NCFB) and COPD and are already in multiple Phase II human clinical trials.
30 Technology was founded in 2018 by Professor Chris Wood, an honorary Professor at Imperial College London and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and has attracted investment from Morningside Ventures and Scottish Enterprise.
In Q2 2023, 30 Technology divested its antimicrobial wound care division to Convatec for over $220 million.
Further details can be found here.
30 Technology is always looking to collaborate with academic researchers and thought leaders to better understand the role of nitric oxide in human health and diseases.
If you are interested in collaborating, please contact us at email@example.com
Syd joined 30 Technology in 2012 and led the business’s growth, strategy, financing, and research program and the creation of Thirty Group. Syd has extensive experience founding and building businesses for long-term value with private and institutional backing across the drug discovery, medical device and service sectors. Syd is on the advisory board of several early-stage biopharmaceutical companies, serves as an Executive Director of Medannex and OncoBioPharm Limited and is a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
Syed joined 30 Technology’s Executive Leadership team in 2021. Prior to this, he was Head of Clinical Development at Linde plc where he led the clinical development and launch of multiple respiratory and cardiovascular products including inhaled nitric oxide. With over 20 years of experience in drug/device development and product commercialisation, Syed brings a wealth of experience across the clinical, commercial and strategic arenas as well as considerable expertise in clinical asset portfolio management and growth.
Chris founded the business and led the Group’s research and development program that is at the heart of the Group’s core technology. Chris has more than 20 years of experience in the biotechnology sector, having founded, managed and successfully exited four companies including Bioenvision and Medirace. Prior to this Chris was a consultant surgeon at the Royal Postgraduate Medical School. Chris is Executive Chairman of Medannex Limited and OncoBioPharm Limited, and was, until recently, a Non-Executive Director of MiNA Therapeutics.
Keith chairs 30 Technology’s Scientific Advisory Committee. Keith is the lead private investor in the business since 2012. He is an investor in, and advisor to, companies principally in the data and scientific fields. Keith earned his PhD in Astrophysics from Cambridge University in 1992. He was a founder of a group of companies created to use scientific research to design algorithms to predict the future movements of financial securities. This proprietary firm was one of the largest trading firms in the financial markets.
Scientific Advisory Board
- Head of Pulmonary Medicine & Research Director of the Cambridge Centre for Lung Infection at Papworth Hospital
- Co-Author of the US Cystic Fibrosis Foundation & European Cystic Fibrosis Society and UK British Thoracic Society NTM guidelines
- Professor of Pulmonary Medicine at Newcastle University
- Academic Clinician / Physician-Researcher and an Honorary Consultant Physician at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- UK and International lead investigator in multiple clinical trials
- National Specialty lead for the NIHR National Respiratory group
- Pro-Vice Chancellor at Queens University Belfast and global expert on CF and NCFB
- Previously Clinical Professor of Respiratory Medicine and Director of Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Chronic Lung Infection at the NHLI, Imperial College London and Royal Brompton Hospital London
- Principal Investigator on multiple inhaled antibiotic studies
- Head of Queens University Belfast CF/NCFB Research Lab
- Professor of Respiratory Medicine at Imperial London and Consultant Respiratory Physician at Royal Brompton Hospital London
- Co-author of UK and EU bronchiectasis guidelines
- ERS Respiratory Infection Chair
- Global expert on NCFB and NTM/PA
- Clinical Director of Laboratory Medicine at Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust