PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
MILTON PARK, ABINGDON
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic pro-active individual to join the Technical Operations team in a senior role to provide technical oversight to the research and development programme and provide mentoring support for the team. You will be highly technical both in terms of chemistry and in data processing, be adept with appropriate software such as Excel (VBA) or Python, and be able to oversee and motivate the current lab scientist team. You will work on and develop the various in-house chemistries, including, but not limited to acidified nitrite and nitric-oxide-centric analysis.
This role is full time based in Milton Park, Abingdon, UK.
This role is full time based in Abingdon, UK.
- Advanced degree in chemistry or related subject – preferably PhD.
- Have significant hands-on experience in data processing, data interpretation and generating graphical outputs.
- Proficient at using data processing software including Excel and statistical packages; experience in advanced Excel use and coding/script development would be a distinct advantage.
- It is essential that you can lead and motivate the team in Tech Ops and ensure smooth day-to-day running of ongoing experiments, lab testing and Studies.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability to multitask projects and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Must possess independent problem-solving skills.
- 10+ years knowledge and successful experience in setting-up and trouble-shooting disparate analytical methodologies, including UV-Vis, Fluorimetry and FT-IR.
- Ability to write and review technical documents (Study Plans, Working Instructions, Technical Reports etc).
DESIRED – BUT NOT ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Have experience working in a GxP regulatory environment.
Excellent benefits package which includes, competitive salary (DOE), pension scheme, private healthcare, company group life scheme, car benefit scheme and cycle to work scheme.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter to Dr M Sajid (firstname.lastname@example.org).
30 TECHNOLOGY is developing and defining new models of care to treat many serious medical conditions by enhancing the body’s healing and defence mechanisms.
30 TECHNOLOGY Therapeutic Nitric Oxide