LABORATORY ADMINISTRATOR, TECHNICAL OPERATIONS
MILTON PARK, ABINGDON | FULL TIME
As Laboratory Administrator at 30 Technology, your responsibility will be to manage the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of office and lab associated processes, oversee and maintain databases, collate data, work closely with the quality team and work with vendors and contractors. You’ll ensure that lab equipment is maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, relevant records are up to date and all administrative and quality processes work effectively. You will also be involved in assisting teams as needed for any structural and/or ancillary tasks as well as carrying out basic laboratory techniques and methodologies.
Working at the very heart of the Technical Operations department within 30 Technology, your role will involve liaising with all team members and having to juggle multiple tasks at a time. You will be highly organised and have the attitude that ‘no task is too small’ when carrying out office and lab administrative duties. This office-based role can organically transition in to a hybrid Admin/Lab Tech role; where you will be also asked to calibrate and maintain basic laboratory equipment e.g. pH meters, pipettes, balances, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, as well as make buffers and stock solutions. Techncial Operations are a small team that supports the business needs via analytical lab testing, method development and R&D.
This role is based in our new offices/laboratory based in Milton Park, Abingdon.
- Liaise with vendors to procure quotes and purchasing laboratory equipment, consumables and supplies
- Keeping records of lab expenditure
- Set up and maintain scientific data bases, including data management and filing
- Oversee metrology logs to ensure annual PM/PQ of equipment is carried out in a timely manner
- Draft and review quality documents
- Be able to process and interpret large data sets
- Being able to muck in with whatever is needed to keep the laboratory and office running smoothly!
- A minimum of BSc degree Biological Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A problem-solving approach to work
Desired – But Not Essential Experience
- Have worked in a regulatory environment
- Be familiar with basic scientific systems and processes
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter to Dr M Sajid (firstname.lastname@example.org).
30 TECHNOLOGY is developing and defining new models of care to treat many serious medical conditions by enhancing the body’s healing and defence mechanisms.
30 TECHNOLOGY Therapeutic Nitric Oxide